Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Got another one

Thanks to a friend for sharing this with me.

http://tinyurl.com/suckitbofa

Stop BofA's Foreclosure on Vera Johnson's Home & Business

SIGNATURES

11,309

PETITIONING

Brian Moynihan, President, CEO and Chairman(Bank Of America)

STARTED BY

vera johnson
Seattle, WA

OVERVIEW


I’m a single mother of two kids and a proud Seattle business owner. When our family fell on hard times, I asked the bank for a loan modification that, under law, I am qualified to receive.

Now, Bank of America is trying to kick my family out of our home and foreclose on my business. But with your support, I’m fighting back.

I have been trying for 17 months to get a loan modification with Bank of America, providing endless copies of paperwork and being told repeatedly to resubmit lost or misplaced paperwork. A Seattle reporter verified the bank’s carelessness in dealing with my case, in a story here.

Bank of America even went so far as to “block” my account to prevent any payments to make sure my account went into late payment so as to “help jump start the loan modification action,” as they put it! Is that legal?

As a small business owner and well-respected member of the community, I am ready to make my story public. This is my home as well as my job. I am a divorced, single mother of two. I was recently awarded the house and property, as this is where I work.

I own and operate the home-based business Perennial Nursery and educational center in a very culturally diverse community. This business hosts many classes for our community, including planting, permaculture, sustainability and composting. We host schools and camps for classes and educational tours.  We also work with the South Seattle Community College by proving internships and training programs.

I regularly work with many schools in the area, local non-profits, and South Seattle Community College and strive to bring my community together by collaborating with other business owners in the White Center/Seattle area.  It's time for homeowners and business owners to stand up together. We deserve a fair, reasonable process for pursuing loan modification. 

No comments:

Post a Comment